July 24, 2014

Holy Guacamole!

I love summer. I really only love summer for the food...I hate the heat. Most of my favorite fruits and veggies are in season, not to mention the farmers markets are in full swing. Avocados are one such fruit that I can't seem to eat enough of during summer months. They are so versatile and can be used in many ways. I even like to eat them plain sometimes! They are a great source of healthy fats (yes, you need some fat in your diet!) and high in fiber. Another fun fact, they have more potassium in them than bananas!


I used to work at Chipotle Mexican Grill. It was definitely the best job I have ever had. I learned so much and I'm extremely impressed with the company from a food service stand point. I'd work for Chipotle again in a heartbeat, I just can't do that and my current job in the same time. Since I can't eat their food every day anymore, I'm forced to get by replicating it in my own kitchen.


Their guac recipe is hard to beat in my opinion. It's just so fresh, and simple.


Of course I scale it down and use only 3 avocados instead of 12 at a time. My recipe is similar, but not entirely the same.


Take your avocados and clean them out. Add the lime/lemon juice and mash with a fork or masher until all chunks are gone. Stir in onion, cilantro, jalapeƱos and salt.


There ya have it! Its so easy and quick to throw together when you have all ingredients on hand. The best part is you can add more or less as you desire! There really isn't a wrong way to make guac!




Recipe Card!

0 comments:

Post a Comment