January 18, 2014

Let's Talk Food

I promise I'll get better at this blog thing. At least I hope I will. Life has been crazy! We are currently house shopping, and it is consuming my life. So much so, I didn't even have time last week to go to the grocery store...that was a bad week...we ate a lot of pasta.

Also, we got a dog! Meet Etta. She takes up the rest of the little time we have. We love her, but she can be a diva sometimes. Can you tell? We might have a future hoarder on our hands.



Okay, so back to the point of my blog: FOOD. I've been trying to figure out the best way to share my way of meal planning with others and where to even begin. I guess it first starts with building my meals (duh Mallory). But then I realize not everyone knows how to build a meal to get everything you need to meet your nutritional needs. So I guess that is where I'm going to start. I'm going to hit each food group and share my favorites from each and alternate ideas for picky eaters like myself.



In the meantime, if you're curious, head over to myplate.gov. MyPlate is the new food pyramid. It brings out the highlights of how to build your plate; what should be on your plate and how much. Dietitians love this thing.



I'm going to try to post at least every other day about the different parts that make my meals, then I'll get into the planning. If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to ask!


0 comments:

Post a Comment